CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK INFORMATION
The agenda is almost just about set for this coming week. Please read the information below VERY carefully! Thanks!
Monday-Friday, Nov. 2-6
- Monday-LHS (normal Monday hours: 3-5:30 Winds, 3:30-6:30 Percussion, 3:30-7 Guard )
- Tuesday-LHS (3-6)
- Wednesday-LJHS (2:30-5:30 an activity bus will run from LHS-LJHS for those who don't drive from Wednesday-Friday)
- Thursday-LJHS 3-6 (an activity bus will run from LHS-LJHS for those who don't drive from Wednesday-Friday)
- Friday-LJHS 3-6 (an activity bus will run from LHS-LJHS for those who don't drive from Wednesday-Friday)
Saturday at Championships-Our Schedule
- MEET AT LEBANON HIGH SCHOOL AT 5 am to unload the trailer and prepare for rehearsal, stretch at 5:30, do our visual basics at 5:45, warmup musically at 6:00, and then spend 15 minutes going over parts of the show at 6:15 am. At 6:30 am we will have our final run and then have a very short EPL from 6:45-8:15 before leaving.
- We understand that this is an early arrival, but since Mason HS is also hosting a playoff football game that night, the competition is about 3 hours earlier than normal. Consider bands like Olentangy, Westerville South, and Northrop…they are coming from 2-3 hours away but have an arrival time 2-2.5 hours before us. Even if they don't rehearse before leaving (which I am betting they will) they are going to have a minimum of a 4 am departure time. The bottom line is that we want our kids to have every chance to say they had every opportunity to be successful. They have responded positively to everything we've thrown at them thus far...I'm sure this will be no different.
Saturday at Championships-Where it's At and How it Works
- Mason HS is hosting both AAAA (our class) and Open Class championships. There are 15 bands in our class. Our performance time is set for 10:45 am.
- All 15 bands play between 8 am and noon-this is called prelims. The top ten scoring bands then get the chance to play again in finals beginning at 2 pm (open class bands compete between noon-2, and since there are only 5 bands in that class they will only have one round of performances)
Saturday at Championships-"What if...?"
- The AAAA prelim awards ceremony begins at noon-this is when we will find out if we made finals. If we do we will perform again between 2 and 4:15 pm. After awards at 4:30 we will take the kids to Marion's Pizza (food and drink is generously being provided by LBPA) and then arrive home around 7:30 pm.
- If we don't make finals we will stay to watch the five Open Class Bands, then go to Marion's around 2 pm, and arrive home around 5.
- After working as hard as they have since July, we obviously would be very happy and excited for the kids to be in finals. It's been a great year for them and would be a fitting way to end our season.
- However, what is most important to us is that the band continues to do their very best to be the very best. Our students have been tremendous all year with their attitude and commitment-lets keep that going and everything else will take care of itself.
- Be looking for one more handout in the next couple of days that sums things up for Saturday. Thanks again for your support of the Lebanon Band Program!