Hello from a glittery band office (ask your kids why),
I have a few areas to update here. Please read everything as carefully as you can.
First off, I have two dates that we have added to the calendar:
- Thursday, August 11th
- 12:45 pm-1:30 pm: Play Freshman Focus Pep Rally at LHS. Have Pep Tunes and Fight Song Prepared
- Freshmen and 7th graders cannot attend because of your first day of school
- Rehearsal begins at 3 pm that day, so students may stay at LHS until that time.
- Wednesday, September 28
- 5:30pm – 6:30pm. Skyline Chili Pep Rally. (This was originally 6:30-7:30 but has been changed)
- After practice, students who drive will drive themselves.
- There will be a bus for students who do not drive. Parents can pick up students who do not drive directly from Skyline.
Next, I want to congratulate the students for powering what has been a very hot camp, especially yesterday morning into afternoon. To help them along have been giving them frequent water breaks, keeping them mostly indoors from 1-6:15 pm, and encouraging good eating habits.
And the show? We’re happy. This band is learning quickly, retaining everything we throw at them, and also learning how to rehearse with proper etiquette. What is the neatest part of this job is watching a group grow from a bunch of kids holding equipment to a group of artists who will eventually become like family.
I hope you all come along for the ride.
Warrior Strong. Warrior Pride.
Let’s hear it for Music Education!!!!!